Tuesday, March 29, 2011

S'mores Pizza, Please

S'mores Pizza, Please


The day has finally arrived; the last day of spring break vacation in Tucson and the long awaited testing of my S’mores Pizza, Please pizza.  I can’t even think about food at this point and, speaking of points, I believe I have used my Weight Watchers points through the end of next week!  What can I say?  Old habits die hard and mine are like vampires, not easy to kill! The s’mores pizza has graham cracker crumbs mixed with sugar and melted butter, marshmallow crème, chocolate bars broken into pieces, more graham cracker mix and a topping of miniature marshmallows.  Sound sweet enough?  When it came off the grill, it looked like heaven – big puffs of browned marshmallow and melted chocolate; a gooey delight.  Then I took my first bite.  It was so overpoweringly sweet that when I swallowed it, I felt like a cat choking on a fur ball.  Gag, gag, and gag!  The children had distinctly different opinions and critiques about this dessert pizza; Margaux said the marshmallow crème was too puffy and too much, Eli, on the other hand didn’t look up for several minutes.  He ate, and ate and ate….enjoying every warm, gooey mouthful.  Finally, I told him I was afraid he was going to get sick, but he assured me he wouldn’t and that the pizza was delicious; oh, and not too sweet at all.  That child has my father’s cast iron stomach; he didn’t get sick, he didn’t get hyper…go figure!  So the vacation ended on a high note (sugar high) and I will revise the recipe before re-testing.  It will have only a thin coating of marshmallow fluff on the partially grilled crust as per Margaux, and will have larger pieces of chocolate so that it more resembles the look of a real s’more, as per my sister Elaine.  Eli had no suggestions; his attitude being you can’t improve on perfection.  That’s our boy!

1 comment:

  1. This blog is meant to be read after the blog on Spring Break Pizza Testing Marathon. For some unknown reason, it was deleted from the original blog and should be the last paragraph. I love my new computer, but I have been randomly deleting things all day. It will get better! Linda

    ReplyDelete